Our MissionDOCOMOMO promotes the study, interpretation and protection of the architecture, landscape and urban design of the Modern Movement. It promotes the exchange of knowledge about this important legacy which extends from the planned city and the iconic monument to the house next door. Contact us at email@example.com
About UsDOCOMOMO is an acronym for the DOcumentation and COnservation of buildings, sites and neighborhoods of the MOdern MOvement. Founded in 1996, Docomomo NOCA is one of twelve regional chapters of Docomomo US. Docomomo US is the national working party for Docomomo International, which is currently based in Barcelona. Docomomo NOCA is a not-for-profit [501(c)3] membership organization that endeavors to increase public awareness of the Modern Movement, to preserve and promote the study, interpretation and protection of its architecture, landscape and urban design. Committed to the principle that modern design merits the attention and preservation received by earlier periods, we maintain a continuous and constructive dialogue with national, state, and local preservation authorities and organizations as well as with building owners, developers, and designers in many disciplines. We thank you for your interest and hope that you'll join us in our endeavors.
DOCOMOMO InternationalDocomomo International is a non-profit organization initiated in 1988 by Hubert-Jan Henket, architect and professor, and Wessel de Jonge, architect and research fellow, at the School of Architecture at the Technical University in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Our Current Board Members
- Justin GrevingPresidentjustin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob PullumVice Presidentbob.email@example.com
- Lacey BubnashSecretarylacey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan JenkinsTreasurermegan.email@example.com
- Richard Brandirichard.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Therese Polettitherese.email@example.com
- Sandhya Soodsandhya.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher VerPlanckchristopher.email@example.com
- Chandler McCoyAdvisory Board Memberchandler.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt AdamsAdvisory Board Member
- Paul AdamsonAdvisory Board Member
- Christine Madrid-French Advisory Board Member
- Alan Hess Advisory Board Member
Partners & Friends
- AIA SF http://www.aiasf.org/
- Cultural Landscape Foundation http://tclf.org/
- Docomomo Georgia http://www.docomomoga.org/
- Docomomo International http://www.docomomo.com/
- Docomomo NY http://www.docomomo-nytri.org/
- Docomomo US http://www.docomomo-us.org/
- Docomomo WEWA http://www.docomomo-wewa.org/
- LA Modcom http://www.modcom.org/
- National Trust Recent Past + Modernism http://www.preservationnation.org/issues/modernism-recent-past/
- Recent Past Preservation Network http://www.recentpast.org/
- SF Architectural Heritage http://www.sfheritage.org/
How to Join
Membership to Docomomo Noca is through Docomomo US. Members receive the bi-annual DOCOMOMO US newsletter, discounts to US and regional tours, lectures and events, including the International Conference, inclusion in the online DOCOMOMO social network, and membership in a regional chapter.
How to Donate
As an all-volunteer organization, Docomomo NOCA relies on the generous contributions of our friends and supporters in addition to any grants we may receive. If you value the quality architectural tours, events, and programs we produce every year and support our advocacy efforts and projects, then please donate today.
We are a registered [501(c)3]. All donations are tax deductible.
If you prefer to donate by mail, you may send a check to:
DOCOMOMO US/Northern California
PO Box 29226
San Francisco, CA 94129-0226
Contact:DOCOMOMO US/Northern California
P.O. Box 29226
San Francisco, CA 94129-0226
Sign up to receive email updates from DOCOMOMO/NOCA.